You need a certain number of titles in each collection to make sure it displays in its publishing location:
- Collections with fewer than 3 titles won't display on your OverDrive website, unless they are published to the first collection on your home page (you can feature just 1 or 2 titles in that section, if you'd like).
- Collections with fewer than 8 titles won't display in Sora's Explore tab (and instead will only display in the Collections section inside the Explore tab.)
- Collections with fewer than 10 titles won't display in Libby.
As a general guideline, we recommend you include 12 - 200 titles in each collection.
- Make sure collections have descriptive, eye-catching names.
- Each collection's description should be brief and should complement the collection name.
- Collections should highlight the variety of formats and subjects your library has to offer.
- We recommend using the "Show all titles, but sort by availability" availability filter when creating a collection. This way, users will see ready-to-borrow titles first.
Tips for curated collections
- Follow current or seasonal trends, like a list of books that will soon be movies, titles about a hot political issue, or holiday-themed titles.
- Build curated collections for one-time events, author- or series-based collections, or topics that won't be updated frequently.
- Examples of curated collections include Nobel Prize Winners, Local Authors, Librarian Favorites, and Harry Potter Read-Alikes.
Tips for automated collections
- Try creating automated collections to replace your users' need to perform multi-faceted searches. For example, a New Chinese ebooks collection lets users easily see titles that fit all of those categories without using search filters or the advanced search.
- To create dynamic collections that update frequently, be sure to include formats and subjects that your library will continue to purchase.
- Examples of automated collections include New Romance ebooks, Audiobook Thrillers, Available Now, New Spanish Titles, or Most Popular Audiobooks.